B.Sc.(Nursing) Course Admission Eligibility Syllabus fees 2018-2019
Bachelor of Science in Nursing or B.Sc Nursing is a 4-year undergraduate course, the minimum eligibility criterion for which is the successful completion of 10+2 level of education in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. B.Sc Nursing admission is based on entrance exams held between April-June, conducted by respective B.Sc. Nursing colleges.
Many colleges in India offer this course as a branch of medicine. Some of the top colleges are mentioned below.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry
- Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai
- Pt Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak
The average course fee ranges between INR 8,000 to 30,000 per year.The objective of the course is to demonstrate competency in the knowledge and skills in providing comprehensive nursing care based on problem-solving approach in the hospital and community. B.Sc Nursing career options include employment in areas like hospitals, nursing homes, clinics and health departments, railways and defence etc.
B.Sc Nursing also comprises a Post-Basic course which is furthur divided into 2 categories, viz Regular and Distance. B.Sc Nursing Post-Basic Regular course is of 2-year duration and requires 10+2 education along with General Nursing and Midwifery (G.N.M) whereas distance course is of 3-year duration and requires 10+2 level of education along with G.N.M and 2 years of experience.
The BSc Nursing program is of four years, including classroom learning and practical sessions. Facilities are provided to students for clinical experiences under the guidance of faculty in various clinical and community settings. The university exams are held annually.
- Staff nurse in the hospital
- School health nurse
- Industrial nurse
- Public health nurse
- Long care home nurse
- Nursing Tutor in Schools/Colleges of Nursing
- Theory – All the subjects of the different courses have 25% for internal assessment and 75% for an annual university examination.
- Students should have a minimum of 50% in internal assessment, and 80% theory attendance to be eligible for the examination.
- Practical – All the courses have 50% for internal assessments and a final university exam for 50%.
- Students with 80% clinical attendance and 50% total internal assessment marks are eligible for the final university exam. The student gets promoted to the next higher class only after passing the exams and completing 100% attendance in the practical subjects.
- Duration: 4 years including Internship.
- Citizenship: Indian nationals.
- Date of Birth: Only those whose date of birth falls on or before 01.01.2001 are eligible.
- Qualification: Pass in 10+2, A Level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English and a minimum of 45% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.