M.Tech. programmes in Biological Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Earth System Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science & Engineering for the year 2017-2018. The M.Tech. curriculum at IIT Gandhinagar has been designed to be highly creative with a focus on interdisciplinary skills and high quality thesis work. IIT Gandhinagar also offers the option of a post-graduate diploma in engineering (PGDIIT), which is a one year programme designed to be an intensive course-work based programme with no thesis requirements.
- Biological Engineering (Research Areas: Biological Sciences [Molecular and Cell Biology, Biochemistry and Chemical Biology], Bioengineering [Biomedical Engineering, Rehabilitation technologies, Tissue Engineering], Biotechnology [Nanobiotechnology, Bioinformatics, Protein and DNA Technologies, Bioremediation])
- Chemical Engineering (Research Areas: Nanotechnology, Colloids and Interfaces, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Separation Processes, Polymers, Process Control)
- Civil Engineering (Research Areas: Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering and Water-Resources Engineering)
- Computer Science and Engineering (Research Areas: Algorithms, Complexity theory, Machine learning, Data mining, Game theory, Mechanism design, Data science, Cryptography, Network security, Computer vision and graphics, and Computer architecture and systems)
- Earth System Science (Research Areas: Geomorphology, Water and Environment, Near Earth Surface Processes, Remote Sensing and GIS, Earth System Modelling)
- Electrical Engineering (Research Areas: Microelectronics, Signal Processing, Fiber Optics, Power Systems, Control Systems, Electrical Machines, VLSI Design, Biomedical Engineering)
- Materials Science and Engineering (Research Areas: Metallurgy, Nanomaterials, Biomaterials)
- Mechanical Engineering (Research Areas: Thermal Science and Engineering, Dynamics and Control, Solid Mechanics)
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum of 55% marks / 5.5 (on a 10 point scale) in B.E. /B.Tech./M.Sc. or equivalent in appropriate branches (50% marks for SC /ST)
- Candidates who have a valid GATE score (at the time of interview/written test) are eligible to apply for M.Tech. GATE is not required for application to M.Tech. on a part-time basis or for the PGDIIT programme.
- B.Tech. graduates from the IITs with CGPA/CPI of 8.0 or above (on scale of 10) would be eligible to admission without having to appear in GATE
- Candidates applying for the regular M.Tech. programme and who are sponsored by their employers do not require GATE score and can be considered as sponsored candidates provided (a) candidate has been in service for more than 2 years (b) employer grants 2 years of study leave and (c) employer undertakes to financially support the candidate for the entire duration of 2 years.
The eligibility criteria mentioned above is minimum and the disciplines may use higher cut-off levels for shortlisting. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PD categories would be eligible for relaxations, as per norms, in the selection criteria.